Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chandler St. Mobil Gas Station
Tuesday, October 03, 2017
The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 5’5” tall; thin build, possibly mid-twenties in age, wearing all dark clothing.
There is minimum suspect information at this time.
On Sunday, October 1, at approximately 9:08 p.m., Worcester Police responded to 635 Chandler Street, the Mobil Gas Station, for a report of an armed robbery. Responding officers were informed that the mn robbed the store with a gun and fled the area on foot.
Several police officers responded to the scene. Upon their arrival, some met with the caller/victim while others fanned out and searched for the suspect.
According to the victim, at approximately 9:00 PM a male walked in, approached the counter and displayed a handgun. The man demanded money. The man took an undisclosed amount of cash and fled the store.
There were no injuries reported.
Officers searched the area with the assistance of a K-9 unit. The search did not locate the suspect; however, the K-9 did locate some evidence that was tied to the robbery.
WPD detectives were called to the scene while members of the Crime Scene Unit arrived and processed evidence.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation is ongoing, if anyone has information about this incident they can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award