slides: See How Legalized Marijuana Would Impact New England State Budgets
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
With many other states currently looking into marijuana legalization, GoLocal took the January data from Colorado and applied it to the six New England states to determine how significant--or insignifficant--the impact of marijuana tax revenue would be on state budgets. This was done by comparing Colorado's population to each of the New England's states, and based on Colorado's sales and tax rates, to reach a theoretical amount.
See the potential impact of recreational marijuana sales in the New England states in the slides below
Related Slideshow: Potential Revenue From Legalized Pot in NE States
Using Colorado as an example, GoLocal analyzed how much potential revenue each New England state could make--and how impactful that would be to the state budgets--by following the same path.
In Colorado, recreational marijuana sales are taxed through a 12.9 percent sales tax alond with a 15 percent excise tax.
- 14 Non-Profits Seek Medical Marijuana License for Worcester County
- Leonardo Angiulo: A Look at Medical Marijuana Laws
- Mass. AG Keeps Towns From Banning Marijuana Treatment Centers
- NEW: MA Medical Society Cites Concerns on Medical Marijuana Law
- NEW: RI to Introduce Bill for Marijuana Regulation + Taxation
- Tufts Vet School Denies Interest In Medical-Marijuana Profiting
- Worcester Officials Call for Local Controls With Medical Marijuana
- All Marijuana Compassion Center Applications Rejected by Department of Health
- Leonardo Angiulo: Questions Remain About Medical Marijuana
- Medical Marijuana Users in Massachusetts Could Lose Their Jobs
- NEW: MA Medical Society Testifies on Medical Marijuana Regulations
- NEW: The Dangers of Smoking Marijuana Before Getting Pregnant
- Voters to Decide Marijuana and Right to Die
- Worcester to Explore Zoning Restrictions for Medical Marijuana
- Can MA Regulate Marijuana When it Can’t Regulate Tobacco?
- Local Pushback Against Worcester Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- Medical Marijuana: 13 to Watch in Central Mass in 2013
- NEW: Mass Medical Society Takes Stance on Physician-Assisted Suicide and Medical Marijuana
- NEW:Question 3 Passes for Medical Marijuana
- Wayne Reiss: Medical Marijuana and the New Reefer Madness
- Central MA Medical Marijuana Race Narrows to 13 Players
- MA Entrepreneurs Gear Up For Medical Marijuana “Green Rush”
- Medical Marijuana: 14 To Watch in Central Mass in 2014
- NEW: Mass State Rep. Binienda Pushes For Tighter Marijuana Laws
- New England States With The Highest Marijuana Arrest Rates
- What Would You Rather Have In Your Town: Casino or Medical Marijuana?
- Home Delivery an Option for Medical Marijuana Patients in MA
- MA Medical Marijuana Biz: Boom or Bust?
- Medical Marijuana: Top Stories in Central Mass in 2012
- NEW: Mass. Awards 20 Medical Marijuana Dispensary Licenses
- Out-of-State Money Funding Medical Marijuana Campaign
- Industry Group to Call for Tough Regulations on Medical Marijuana at Worcester Hearing
- Marijuana Use in the New England States
- Modern Manners + Etiquette: Marijuana Manners
- NEW: Massachusetts Medical Society Issues New Policy on Medical Marijuana
- RI Hospital Expert: Is Medical Marijuana Bad for MS Patients?
- Who Wins With Medical Marijuana?
- Legalized Marijuana: Could MA Be Next?
- Mass Medical Society Approves Of DPH Marijuana Regulations
- NEW: BU’s Own Miss Universe Olivia Culpo Advocates for Medical Marijuana
- NEW: Patrick Kennedy Opposed to Legalization of Marijuana
- The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
- Why Is Medical Marijuana So Popular In Worcester?
- Leonard Angiulo: MA Court Takes Hit of Justice in Marijuana Rulings
- Mass Medical Society: New Medical Marijuana Regulations “Raise Concerns”
- NEW: Legalizing Marijuana Won’t Hurt Kids, Says RI Hospital Study
- NEW: RI Doc Suspended for Marijuana Abuses, Another Terminated for Facebook Misuse
- The Impact of Marijuana Legalization on College Campuses in Mass.
- Will Massachusetts Be The Next State To Legalize Marijuana?