Sen. Moore Congratulates Upton’s Julia KIlroy on Letters About Literature Award
Saturday, April 30, 2016
“This accomplishment would not be possible without a considerable investment of time and effort. I congratulate Julia on receiving this recognition and extend my wishes for her continued success throughout her academic career,” said Moore.
Letters About Literature is a reading and writing contest for students in grades 4-12. Students are asked to read a book, poem or speech and write to the author (living or dead) about how the book affected them. Letters are entered by tens of thousands of students from across the country and are judged on a state and national level each year.
Julia Kilroy is an 8th grade student at the Whitinsville Christian School, submitted a letter to Ben Carson after reading his autobiography Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story.
As an honor award recipient, Julia's letter ranked within the top 1 to 2% of submissions.
For more on the program, click here.
- Sen. Moore Encourages Residents to Report Fraud
- Sen. Moore Takes Steps Toward Securing Land for MA State Police Museum
- Sen. Moore Encourages Worcester Residents to Attend Citizens Legislative Seminar
- NEW: State Sen. Moore Issues Statement on Boston Marathon Bombings
- Sen. Moore Applauds UMass, Worcester Agreement on Biotech Park
- NEW: Sen. Moore Announces Out-of-State Tuition Discount Program for MA Residents
- Sen. Moore Holds Discussion on Higher Education With Clark U. Students
- Sen. Moore Calls for Review of State Police Barracks Closure
- Sen. Moore Announces Passing of Bill Enhancing Substance Abuse Prevention
- Sen. Moore Supports Heart Health Awareness With Colleagues
- Sen. Moore Asks Public for Feedback on Next Generation MCAS