Sen. Moore Stresses Importance of Emergency Preparedness
Thursday, September 20, 2018
The designation promotes the importance of taking steps to prepare and plan for potential emergency situations.
“Disasters don’t plan ahead, but you can. Taking a moment to make an emergency plan can make all the difference if a disaster were to strike. The recent devastation caused by Hurricane Florence, and the gas explosions in the Lawrence area, are reminders of the importance of preparing for disasters,” said Moore.
Taking Steps to Prepare
Taking the time to learn lifesaving skills such as CPR and first aid are simple steps that anyone can take to prepare.
During the planning process, it is also important to consider the unique preparedness needs of children, pets, seniors and people with access and functional needs.
The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has developed a free application for smartphones known as ‘Massachusetts Alerts,’ which keeps residents informed of emergencies in their area through public safety notifications.
The application is available for free on both iPhone and Android devices through the App Store and Android Market.
- NEW: Sen. Michael Moore Attempts to Reduce Health Care Costs for Small Businesses
- Sen. Michael Moore’s Opponent Kicked Out of Fundraiser
- PowerPlayer: State Senator Michael Moore
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Michael Moore: It is Time to Comply with REAL ID
- Senator Michael Moore Encourages a Healthy 2015
- Senator Michael Moore Appointed to International Partnership
- Moore, Chandler Secure $3.6B in Bond Funding for Worcester - Chandler Will Remain as President
- Sen. Moore Supports Multiple Bills Dealing With The Sale & Treatment of Animals
- Sen. Moore, Gov. Baker Take Part in Roundtable on Early College Programs