Sen. Warren Leads Congressional Delegation Trip to Puerto Rico
Sunday, January 14, 2018
During the trip, the delegation will survey the damage from Hurricane Maria, assess the work and resources necessary to help the island fully recover.
"Far too many of our fellow U.S. citizens are still without electricity and the resources they need to rebuild. Even before Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico, Massachusetts was the proud home of 300,000 Puerto Ricans - and thousands more have come to the Bay State since Hurricane Maria upended their lives. We're going to Puerto Rico to see firsthand the devastation on the island and how we can help our fellow citizens along the path to a full recovery. We have not forgotten our brothers and sisters in Puerto Rico - they can count on us,” the delegation members said.
During the trip, the members will visit Hospital del Nino in San Juan, Integral Health Council of Loiza and a shelter in Canovanas.
The members will also receive a briefing at JFO in Guayanabo from representatives of the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and Health and Human Services.
- Warren Questions Ethics Office About White House Ethics Officer’s Conflicts of Interest
- Warren Helps Drive New Funding for Opioid Epidemic, Medical Research Government Spending
- Warren, Markey Send Letter to White House Demanding Clarity on Bannon’s Compliance With Ethics Laws
- Sen. Warren Calls Republican Healthcare Bill a “Monstrosity”
- Warren Calls New Republican Healthcare Bill “Worst One Yet”
- Devine to Run for U.S. Senate Seat Against Warren
- Government Accountability Office Begins Investigation into Mar-a-Lago at Request of Sen. Warren
- Warren Buffett Says Only 2-3 Newspapers Will Survive
- Warren Releases Report Detailing Labor Violations by Federal Contractors
- Warren Launches Survey of MA Treatment Facilities
- Warren Questions Labor Secretary Nominee Acosta Before Confirmation Hearing
- Warren Gives Trump Failing Grade in “Drain the Swamp” Report Card
- Diehl Launches Facebook, Twitter Pages to Track Sen. Warren
- Warren Seeks Info on Water & Vector-Borne Diseases in Puerto Rico & Virgin Islands
- Warren Issues Statements Opposing Trump’s Nominees for Dept. of Labor, Education
- Warren Urges FCC to Abandon Plan to Kill Net Neutrality
- Warren, Markey, Capuano Applaud Release of $100M in Federal Funding for Green Line Extension