Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
Monday, February 06, 2017
The ceremony will take place on Thursday, February 9 at 11 a.m. inside the training arena at the state police barn in action. The barn is located at 50 Wetherbee St. in Acton, Massachusetts.
Massachusetts State Police Sgt. John Linquata and Worcester Police Lt. Joseph Ashe will provide opening remarks as well as an introduction to the Mounted Patrol Unit.
City Manager Edward M. Augustus, Jr. and Chief Steven M. Sargent will also address the class during the ceremony.
Following the graduation, the officers will provide a demonstration of their training exercises.
The training consisted of a combination of classroom study, basic equitation, along with exercises providing officers with the skills necessary to perform the duties of a mounted patrol officer on horseback.
It will take a few more months for the officers to hone their riding skills and prepare their horses before patrolling in the city.
The officers expect to receive their first patrolling assignments during the summer months.
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help
- Worcester Police Officer Daige Honored by Red Sox for Pan Mass Challenge Effort
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors