SHINE Initiative Invests $17K in Student Wellness Advisory Teams in 13 Worcester Public Schools
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
“The social and emotional well-being of students has never been more important. The enthusiasm displayed by young people to become mental health and wellness advocates is exciting and infectious,” said Paul Richard, executive director of SHINE Initiative.
Student Wellness Advisory
SWAT is a student-led program that is designed to empower them to reduce the stigma of mental illness, end discrimination, and develop in-school activities that promote self-care, positive coping mechanisms, and improved total mental wellness.
Student Wellness Advisory Teams will be in 13 Worcester Public Schools.
The SHINE Initiative is also providing funding for programs in 11 other area schools.
The other new programs are at Groton-Dunstable Regional High School, Hudson High School, Millbury High School, Northbridge High School, St. Bernard High School in Fitchburg, Shrewsbury High School, Tahanto Regional High School in Boylston, Touchstone Community School in Grafton, and Westborough High School.
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Grossman: Now Is the Time to Act Vote ‘Yes’ on Question 2 for Charter Schools
- Monfredo: Need More Emphasis On History & Civics In Our Schools
- MA Voters Reject Expansion of Charter Schools
- Monfredo: PCBs - A Problem In Our Nation’s Schools & In The District
- MA Democrats Support Public Charter Schools, Says New Poll
- Two Central MA High Schools Make Top 500
- Monfredo: Opioid Crisis Being Addressed In The State & In Our City Schools
- Worcester Public Schools to Present Awards to Outstanding Seniors in the Arts
- Monfredo: CPR Training In Our Schools To Become A Reality
- Monfredo: Schools Of Learning … Parent Friendly & Transparent
- Monfredo: What Can Be Done To Change Starting Time In Our Secondary Schools?
- Worcester Public Schools to Open Friday on 2-Hour Delay
- Parking Ban In Effect 8 p.m. Monday, Worcester Public Schools Closed Tuesday
- Worcester Public Schools Closed, Parking Ban in Effect at 8 A.M. Wednesday
- Becker College Ranked Among Top Schools in World for Game Design
- Monfredo: Worcester Public Schools Moving Forward With Strategic Plan for Education
- Monfredo: The Buddy Bench - A Symbol of Kindness in Our Schools
- Clark Ranked Among Schools Who Have the Biggest Impact
- Top 50 New England Boarding Schools Heads Average $455,000 in Compensation
- Worcester Public Schools Closed on Monday, Parking Ban Remains in Effect
- Clark Ranked Among Schools That Give “Best Bang for Your Buck”
- Worcester Public Schools Closed on Tuesday, Parking Ban In Effect at 2 a.m.
- Seven Hills Charter to Host Class at Worcester State on Diversity in Schools