SHINE Initiative Names Kaelin Executive Director
Wednesday, August 08, 2018
He succeeds Paul Richard, who is retiring at the end of the year.
“We are extremely pleased with this leadership transition. Paul will retire as a beloved leader. We couldn’t have had a more able leader for the past seven years. Fred’s vision, experience, and accomplishments are an ideal fit for The SHINE Initiative going forward,” said Advisory Board Chair and Fidelity Bank Chairman and CEO Edward F. Manzi, Jr.
Kaelin will begin his role in mid-September.
Kaelin most recently served as the Chief Development Officer at Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc. (YOU, Inc.), and has nearly a decade of executive director experience from his role at Dynamy.
“It is an honor to join The SHINE Initiative. I look forward to bringing my years of nonprofit work to the organization and continuing Paul’s work of shining a light on the stigma of mental illness in Central Mass,” said Kaelin.
He will officially take over after Richard passes him the torch at SHINE’s annual Keep Your Mind Open gala.
- Last Chance for Summer Fun - Rain or Shine in Central MA
- Shine Initiative Raises Over $120k at Annual Gala
- SHINE Initiative Invests $17K in Student Wellness Advisory Teams in 13 Worcester Public Schools
- Central Mass. Nonprofits Suffering from Government Shutdown
- NEW: RI Foundation Announces $565K Awarded to 14 Nonprofits
- Law Favoring Nonprofits Has Stranglehold on Worcester’s Destiny
- Worcester Library Initiative Wins 2015 Nonprofit Excellence Award
- Worcester’s Latin American Alliance Named Nonprofit Excellence Award Finalist
- Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare Awards 18 MA Nonprofits With Grants
- 5 Worcester Nonprofits Awarded $6,350 in Grants