SUNDAY WEATHER UPDATE: Snow Tapering in Central MA, Biting Winds
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Total snow accumulation
With the biting wind blowing and swirling the snow around it has been hard to measure but totals seem to be somewhere around 2” in Central Massachusetts and in the 2”-5” range across Rhode Island with the lowest amounts near the RI/CT border. When all is said and done 4”-8” will probably be measured over Eastern Massachusetts and the Cape.
The main items for us now will be the biting wind, gusting at times to between 40 and 50 mph though tonight. Feel-like temperatures will dip below zero tonight as the mercury bottoms out in the single numbers and low teens.
Look out for next weekend!
Looking ahead to this week, after a bright but chilly Presidents Day, I see a mixed bag of snow, sleet and rain on Tuesday along with rising temperatures. It should be fair and seasonably cold after that until another storm approaches on, you guessed it, the weekend.
- College Admissions: Best Ski + Snowboard Colleges in the West
- College Admissions: Best Ski + Snowboard Colleges in the East
- Modern Manners + Etiquette: Snow Shoveling Etiquette + More
- The LOOK: Snow Day Beauty Projects
- The Worst Snow Storms in MA History
- Worcester Sidewalks Still Snow-Covered Despite Ordinance
- WEATHER UPDATE: 2 to 4 Inches of Snow Expected for Central MA
- WEATHER UPDATE: More Snow This Weekend for Central MA