Teenager Arrested After Breaking Into Worcester Home
Thursday, May 31, 2018
Pedro Camacho,18, was charged with Willful and Malicious Destruction of Property and Breaking and Entering in the Daytime with the Intent to Commit a Misdemeanor.
On Sunday, May 27, 2018, at 12:00 p.m., Worcester Police responded to a Merrifield Street home for a report of a Breaking and Entering into a Dwelling in progress. Responding officers were told that the occupants of the home stated that they heard noise coming from the basement and noticed damage to the cellar door lock.
The occupants yelled down into the basement and saw a man exiting through the basement door.
The occupants confronted the man and grabbed onto his coat while asking him what he was doing in the basement. At this time the man broke free from the hold and ran down Merrifield Street, heading towards Eastern Avenue.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man, approximately 5’10’ tall; thin build with big bushy hair, wearing a black coat and black pants.
Several police officers searched the area for the suspect. After a few minutes the suspect was observed by the area of eastern Avenue at Reservoir Street. The officer stopped the man and asked for his name. The man was identified as Camacho of 20 Everett Gaylord BLVD.
Officers at the scene were transported to the area where Camacho was being detained. The occupants identified Camacho as the man that was seen in their basement.
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony