slides: The 25 Wealthiest Towns in Central Massachusetts
Saturday, September 21, 2013
That is not to say there is a total lack of wealth in Central Massachusetts. A handful of cities and towns rank high among Massachusetts’s more than 300 cities and towns. Southborough, Harvard, and Bolton both come in high in that overall list.
GoLocal looked at the 2010 Census figures for every city and town to rank Worcester County’s 25 wealthiest cities and towns based on median family income. See which towns make the list, and compare them on other wealth factors, including per capita income, and median household income.
Note on definitions: A family "consists of two or more people (one of whom is the householder) related by birth, marriage, or adoption residing in the same housing unit," according to the United States Census. A household is defined differently by the United States Census and "consists of all people who occupy a housing unit regardless of relationship. A household may consist of a person living alone or multiple unrelated individuals or families living together."
- Central Mass Towns Top Statewide Real Estate Ranking
- The 20 Hottest Real Estate Towns in Central Massachusetts
- Central Mass Towns with the Highest Divorce Rates
- Three Central Mass Towns Receive $500,000 for Going Green
- In Case You Missed It: 50 Best Cities + Towns For Business in Central MA
- Towns With the Most Gun Permits in Central MA
- In Case You Missed It: New England’s Best Food Towns
- Top 10 Beach Towns: New England’s Best Beach Towns 2012
- In Case You Missed It: Hottest Real Estate Towns in Central Mass.
- NEW: Shrewsbury Named One of the Best Small Towns in America 2013
- New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- 50 Best Cities + Towns For Doing Business in Central MA
- New England’s Best Beach Towns 2012