Three Arrested for Gun Possession & Disturbing The Peace in Worcester
Thursday, July 05, 2018
Devon Ashton of Putnam, Connecticut was charged with improper storage of a firearm, carrying a firearm without a license, carrying a loaded firearm without a license, possession of a firearm with defaced serial numbers, possession of a large capacity firearm (magazine capable of holding more than ten rounds), possession of ammunition without an FID card, and operating a MV with a suspended license.
Sidney Housson, also of Putnam, Connecticut, was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm.
Giovanni Anderson was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace.
On Friday, June 29, at approximately 12:06 a.m., two Worcester Police officers received a police general broadcast stating that the Massachusetts State Police just had a Honda Accord with a Connecticut license plate fail to stop for them on Eastern Avenue. The license plate to the Honda was broadcasted over the radio. At this time one of the officers was familiar with this vehicle from a recent encounter and remembered the names of the occupants at the time. The officer remembered that one of the males from that encounter resided at 57 South Street. The officers decided to check that area for the Honda.
At approximately 12:12 a.m., the officers turned their cruiser onto Shannon Street, which is connected to South Street. At this time the officers saw the Honda on Shannon Street. The Honda made a quick turn onto South Street. The officers activated their emergency lights and turned onto South Street, The Honda pulled into the driveway of 57 South Street. The cruiser pulled into the driveway directly behind the Honda. The driver’s door to the Honda swung open. The driver, later identified as Ashton, 22, of 1 Park Street, Putnam, CT, quickly ran behind the apartment building. The officer cut Ashton off as he attempted to flee. The officer displayed his taser and ordered him to stop after Ashton was making a full sprint towards his direction. Ashton complied with the officer’s commands and stopped running.
At this time the officer saw the handle of what appeared to be a handgun in the front pocket of Ashton’s sweatshirt. With the taser still pointed directly at him, the officer ordered Ashton to place his hands on top of his head. Once his hands were on his head the officer removed the gun from Ashton’s front pocket. Ashton was then placed in handcuffs.
The weapon was identified as a Smith and Wesson 9mm with six rounds in the magazine. The officer noticed that the serial number to the weapon had been ground off.
There were two other people in the Honda. The front passenger was identified as Housson, 22, of 136 Sabin Street, Putnam, Ct, and sitting in the back seat was Anderson, 18, of 57 South Street. Housson is the owner of the Honda.
Due to Housson’s close proximity to the firearm (Sitting next to Ashton) and allowing Ashton to operate her MV with a suspended license, along with being present when he fled from the initial State Police MV stop, she was also placed under arrest.
Anderson began to yell and scream for no apparent reason. His behavior began to cause a greater disturbance. After several warnings for him to calm down and refusing to do so, he was placed under arrest.
All three were transported to police headquarters. The Honda was towed to the police station and secured while officers obtained a search warrant.
The warrant was executed at police headquarters later in the day. The search produced a pellet gun which was seized as evidence.
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest