Three Men Arrested for Gun Possession in Worcester
Thursday, June 14, 2018
Wilfredo Reyes, 21, of Worcester, Jonathan Torres, 18, of Austin, Texas, and Anthony Corchado, 19, of Worcester were all charged with unlawfully carrying a firearm while in the commission of a felony, unlawful carrying a loaded firearm, improper storage of a firearm, possession of a large capacity feeding device, possession of a firearm with defaced serial numbers and possession of a firearm with defaced serial numbers while in the commission of a felony.
Reyes was also issued a citation for speeding.
On Monday, June 11, at approximately 5:30 p.m., two Worcester Police officers, riding double in a marked police cruiser, were on routine patrol while driving on LaGrange Street. At the intersection of Beacon Street the officers heard a loud revving sound of an engine that belonged to a white BMW. The BMW was traveling north on Beacon Street at a high rate of speed and drove right past the officers in their cruiser. The officers estimated the speed at 50 to 60 miles per hour. Beacon Street is a heavily populated area. Upon seeing this, the officers activated their cruiser lights and stopped the BMW in the area of Beacon and Oread Streets.
The officers approached the BMW and saw three men inside. The driver was identified as Reyes, the man in the front passenger seat was Torres and the rear seat passenger was identified as Corchado.
Officers saw that the three men were acting very nervous and moving their arms and hands all about. One of the officers conducted a background check on the three men. It was learned that Torres provided the wrong social security number to the officer, Corchado misspelled his last name and Reyes was a known member to a local gang.
Due to the behavior of the men and their clear signs of nervousness, the officers decided to remove the men from the car so that they can be searched for weapons. The search of the three men provided negative results. Next, the officers searched the immediate grabbing area of the inside of the vehicle, areas that all three occupants could have access to.
The officer observed a backpack in the rear seat that was partially zippered closed. The backpack was removed from the vehicle and placed on the trunk of the BMW. The backpack was heavy and made a metallic clunk sound when placed on the trunk. The officer asked the men what was in the backpack. The officers were told that a gun was inside. Officers opened the bag and recovered a loaded High Point .380 semi-automatic handgun.
All three men were placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony