Three Worcester Men Arrested for Street Level Drug Offenses
Friday, July 14, 2017
Worcester police were in the area conducting surveillance in plain clothes and unmarked cars.
Jean Carlos Figueroa, 33, of Worcester was arrested and charged with Trespassing and Possession of Class A Substance.Figueroa also had outstanding warrants for Trespassing, Shoplifting, Resisting Arrest, Larceny and Disorderly Conduct.
Jose Miranda, 44, of 39 Vernon Street was arrested and charged with Trespassing, Distribution of Class A Substance, Conspiracy to Violate Controlled Substance Laws and Tampering with Evidence. Miranda also had an outstanding warrant for Sexual Conduct for a Fee
Nikko Holley, 29, of 31 Queen Street was arrested and charged with charged with Distribution of Class B Substance, a Drug Violation within 1,000’ of a School (Jacob Hyiatt) and a Drug Violation within 100’ of a Park (YMCA Park on Murray Ave.).
On Wednesday, July 12, members of the Neighborhood Response Team (NRT) were working in plain clothes, driving unmarked police cars conducting surveillance in the Main South area of the city. The officers were there in a continuous effort to put pressure on the street level drug dealing problem. At approximately 10:45 a.m., officers were set up in the parking lot of the Odd Fellows Apartments located at 674 Main Street.
At this time one of the officers, with the use of binoculars, observed a man in front of 667 Main Street. This man was seen spitting numerous objects out of his mouth and showing them to another man before putting the items back into his mouth. After a few more minutes this man was seen speaking with two men. The officer saw a street level drug transaction take place when the man removed the items from his mouth and handed it to the men in exchange for cash.
Officers were able to arrest two of the three. Figueroa and Miranda were stopped on Irving Street. Miranda attempted to place a baggie of Heroin in his mouth to swallow but was unable to so when one of the officers approaching from behind wrapped his arms around him.
The third person was able to evade the officers when they were apprehending Figueroa and Miranda.
Within the next half hour, the same officers saw a woman on Murray Avenue that they were familiar with due to past drug offenses. The officers decided to take up surveillance on her to see what she was up to. The woman was unaware of the officer’s position.
The woman was seen making several phone calls. A short time went by when the woman met up with a man. The two walked in various directions. As the two approached the area of Jacob Hyiatt School they stopped. The woman was seen handing the man money and the man remove an item from his mouth and handed it to her. The two separated. The man was walking ahead of the woman who was now walking with another unidentified man.
Officers approached the woman and discovered that she possessed a plastic baggie that contained crack cocaine. The male suspect was further down the road. As officers closed in on the man he began to place items in his mouth and swallow vigorously.
The man was identified as Holley. Holley was placed under arrest.
The woman, who was cooperative with officers, was not arrested but will be summonsed into court for Possession of Class B Substance.
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe