Trump to Declare National Emergency to Get More Money for Border Wall
Friday, February 15, 2019
Trump is expected to sign compromise spending legislation to avert another government shutdown — and according to the White House, will declare a national emergency for more funding.
As Bloomberg.com reported:
“President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action - including a national emergency - to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis at the border,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.
“There is no national emergency at the border. Even the President’s intel chiefs say that. No @realDonaldTrump declaration will change that fact,” Congressman David Cicilline Tweeted on Thursday.
- Horowitz: Trump Commits Policy Malpractice on Fuel Efficiency Standards
- Finneran: Now Pitching - Donald Trump
- Former Trump Attorney Cohen Pleads Guilty to Criminal Charges
- Former Trump Campaign Manager Manafort Found Guilty on 8 Counts
- Horowitz: Woodward Sounds Alarm on Trump’s Fitness to Serve
- McCain Calls Trump’s Meeting & Press Conference With Putin “Disgraceful”
- Horowitz: Trump Blames America First
- President Trump Signs Executive Order Ending Family Separation
- Horowitz: Trump’s Demonization of Immigrants is Not Working
- Horowitz: Obamacare Still Standing Despite Trump’s Best Efforts
- Trump Names Kavanaugh To United States Supreme Court
- “Is the Trump Political Bubble About to Burst?”—Sunday Political Brunch—October 7, 2018
- Horowitz: Trump Tanks US Image Abroad
- New Poll Shows Millennials Don’t Like Trump, Twitter
- Horowitz: Americans Blame President Trump for Shutdown
- VIDEO: Warren Calls on Trump, Republicans to End Government Shutdown
- Harry Potter Actor Radcliffe Slams Tom Brady Over MAGA Hat and Trump Support
- Warren Questions Trump on Replacement of Dept. of Education Acting Inspector General