Two Arrested for Drug Dealing in Worcester
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Luis Miranda was charged with distribution of a Class B Substance.
Caroline Gonzalez was charged with charged with Possession of a class B Substance.
On October 20 at about 10 a.m., Worcester police officers assigned to the Neighborhood Response Team were conducting surveillance in the area of Murray Ave and Chandler St. The police have received many complaints about drug dealing in this area. The officers observed a man, who was later identified as Miranda, 46, of 25 Queen St, pull up on a bicycle and sit on the stone wall behind Compare Foods, which is marked “No Trespassing.”
A woman, later identified as Gonzalez, 38, of 245 Pleasant St, approached Miranda, who spit out several white rocks from his mouth into his hand. Miranda took out a small glass pipe, put the rocks in the pipe, and began to smoke. After he finished smoking, he passed the pipe to the female, who also smoked the pipe. The appearance of the substance and the manner of smoking it were consistent with that of crack cocaine.
At this point, officers emerged from surveillance and the pair began to walk away. The officers stopped them and placed them under arrest.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award