Two Arrested for Drug Distribution on Vernon Hill in Worcester
Friday, August 04, 2017
Joshua Quinones, 21, of Southbridge was charged with Possession of Class A Substance with the Intent to Distribute, Possession of Class B Substance with the Intent to Distribute and Tampering with an Object for Official Use and Proceeding.
Ulises Casanova-Cepeda, 33, of Worcester was placed under arrest and charged with Distribution of Class A Substance, Distribution of Class B Substance and Conspiracy to violate Controlled Substance Laws.
On Tuesday, August 1, members of the Vice Squad were on patrol in the Vernon Hill area. At approximately 11:30 a.m., one of the undercover officers came upon a red Toyota Solara that he was familiar with relating to a current drug investigation. The officer decided to follow this car. The car drove through numerous city streets and finally came to a stop at Victoria Avenue. Other undercover vice officers observed a Ford truck park nearby. This truck is also familiar with the vice officers due to other active drug investigations.
Officers saw the man exit the Toyota and walk towards the truck that was parked nearby. The man, identified as Quinones, approached the truck, looked into it and then continued to walk down Forsberg Street. Once Quinones approached Greenwood Street the Ford truck started up and made a U-turn and headed towards Quinones. Quinones was then seen entering the passenger seat. The truck drove off for a short drive and then returned back to where the Toyota was parked. Quinones got out of the truck and got back in his car.
Both cars drove off in different directions. Officers split up and followed each car. The Toyota was stopped on Tatman Street. The truck was stopped in the parking lot of the Burlington Coat Factory located at 344 Greenwood Street. Officers approached the Toyota and saw Quinones placing his hand towards his mouth and take large gulps of a beverage.
Quinones was asked what he was doing with the driver of the Ford truck. Officers were told that the driver was his cousin but he did not know his name when asked. Because the officers witnessed Quinones swallow what they believed to be drugs an ambulance was called to the scene to have him checked.
Quinones declined medical attention once they arrived.
A search of Quinones produced $442.00 in cash, two cell phones, and two hide-a-key devices which are typically seen in the drug trade and is used to hide drugs. While speaking with Quinones his two cell phones were constantly ringing. One of the officers answered the phone and the person on the other end was placing an order for some ‘brown” and for some “white’, street terms for heroin and cocaine.
The operator of the Ford truck was identified as Casanova-Cepeda. A search of Mr. Casanova-Cepeda produced three separately folded stacks of cash that totaled $1,170, two hide-a-key devices and three cell phones.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award