Two Arrested in Worcester for Possession of Heroin & a Stun Gun
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Jessalyn Santiago, 19, was charged with failure to stop for police and possession of a class A substance.
Nicholas Perez, 29, was charged with carrying a firearm without a license, possession of a class A substance with intent to distribute, and possession of a class D substance with intent to distribute.
On Tuesday December 18 at about 1:45 p.m., a Worcester Police officer was on patrol in the area around Harding St.
The officer noticed a white Lexus coming down Harrison St. The Lexus was swerving between the vehicle lane and the bicycle lane as the driver kept looking back at the police cruiser.
The officer believed that the Lexus might have been involved in an incident yesterday, and attempted to pull over the vehicle on Madison St for the lane violation.
The Lexus did not stop, and the operator, later identified as Santiago of Shrewsbury, attempted to drive away. The vehicle was boxed in by the heavy traffic in Kelley Square, and officers approached the vehicle.
The passenger, identified as Perez of 180 Dewey St, refused to show his hands and was ducking under the seat.
Officers removed him from the vehicle and located an illegal Stun Gun and a small amount of what appeared to be heroin where Perez was reaching. He also had several packages of marijuana.
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Everard Street Home Invasion
- Worcester Police Offer Halloween Safety Tips
- Worcester Police Investigating Break-in at Vernon Park’s Little League Field Houses
- Worcester Police Investigating Vehicle Vandalism in Lincoln Street Area
- Worcester Police Offer Series of Holiday Safety Tips