Two Arrested in Worcester on Drug Charges & Trespassing
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Christina Cooper was charged with Distribution of a Class C Substance and Trespassing.
Shawn Delano, 35, was charged with Possession of a Class C Substance and Trespassing.
On March 16 at about 8:45 a.m., members of the Worcester Police Neighborhood Response Team were in plainclothes conducting surveillance in the area of Main St. Officers were conducting a periodic check of 600 Main St and the Salvation Army at 640 Main St, which a prominent “No Trespassing” sign. The area has received numerous complaints from residents who are concerned about public drinking, loitering, and drug dealing.
Officers saw a woman, later identified as Cooper of Marlborough, standing in the “No Trespassing” area with a man holding a packet that appeared to be consistent with the packaging of narcotics. Officers saw Cooper distributing the packet to the man, later identified as Delano of Worcester.
Officers approached Cooper as she poured the contents of the packet into a cigar wrapper being held by Delano. An officer saw a packet sticking out of Cooper's right jacket pocket that was labeled "Cotton Balls,” which is a product name for K2, an illegal class C substance. Cooper tried to hide the substance by putting it in her pocket, but officers recovered the K2 and placed both of them under arrest.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser