Two Men Arrested After Stealing Woman’s Purse in Worcester
Monday, October 01, 2018
Daniel Frederickson was placed under arrest and charged with unarmed robbery, failure to stop for police and possession of an open container of alcohol.
Michael Entwistle was placed under arrest and charged with unarmed robbery and possession of an open container of alcohol.
On Friday, September 28, at approximately 2:28 a.m., several Worcester Police officers responded to the area of 965 Main Street for a reported unarmed robbery.
Responding officers were told by police dispatchers that a man had grabbed a woman’s purse and fled the scene in a black Suburban type vehicle. One of the responding officers observed a black Chevrolet Tahoe at the intersection of Main Street and Hammond Street. The Tahoe was in the northbound lane. The license plate on the Tahoe was one digit off of what police dispatches broadcasted.
The officer, traveling in the southbound lane, already had his emergency lights and siren activated while responding to the call. At this time the responding officer turned his cruiser around and signaled the Tahoe to stop. The driver of the Tahoe refused to stop. The officer continued to follow the Tahoe. The vehicle eventually stopped in front of 5 Mount Pleasant Street.
There were two men in the Tahoe. The driver was identified as Frederickson, 29-years-old of 20 Eaton Avenue, Shrewsbury. The passenger was identified as Entwistle, 32-years-old of 27 Topsfield Circle, Shrewsbury.
A search of the vehicle produced an open bottle of alcohol and the purse that belonged to the woman who called police.
The victim was transported to the scene and identified Entwistle as the man who took her purse.
The woman told police that she was walking on Main Street by Crystal Park when a vehicle pulled up next to her. Once the vehicle stopped a man exited the Tahoe. The man ran up to the victim and snatched the purse from her grip. He then re-entered the Tahoe and it drove off on Main Street, heading towards downtown.
The woman was unhurt. The purse and all of its contents were returned to the victim.
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate