Two Men Shot During Home Invasion in Worcester
Monday, April 17, 2017
Marc Aldana, 24, of 88 Moscow Road, Holden, was charged with armed burglary, armed assault with the intent to murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, unlawful carrying a firearm, unlawful carrying a loaded firearm, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and possession of a firearm.
Due to his injuries and current medical condition, Aldana will be arraigned at a time yet to be determined.
Investigators believe that this may not have been a random incident.
The investigation is ongoing.
On Saturday, April 15, at approximately 10:05 p.m., Worcester Police responded to a Dawson Road address for a reported home invasion. Responding officers were told that there was a man shot and that the intruder(s) may still be at the scene. Upon the officer's arrival, they saw a man lying on the ground by the side entrance of the home. The man was suffering from a gunshot wound to his lower body. The man was semi-conscious and did not say much.
Preliminary investigation shows that a man and woman resident came home Saturday night and realized that their home had been broken into.
The house appeared to be ransacked.
Upon seeing the condition of the home, the man went and armed himself. Meanwhile, the woman found the suspect on the first floor. After seeing the suspect, she was forced to the basement and injured her ankle on the way.
At this time the suspect and the male resident encountered each other in the basement and exchanged gunfire.
Both men were treated at the scene by Worcester EMS and members of the Worcester Fire Department and then taken to a local hospital.
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy