Two Teenage Gang Members Arrested After Firing Gun in Worcester
Friday, June 01, 2018
Hattie Harvey, 18, was placed under arrest and charged with Speeding, Operating a MV so as to Endanger, Failure to Stop for a Police Officer, Interfering with a Police Officer, Stop Sign Violation, Failure to Use a signal when Turning, Improper Storage of a Firearm, Use of a Firearm During the Commission of a felony, Possession of a firearm without an FID Card, Carrying a Firearm without a License, Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Dwelling, Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License, Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card and Disorderly Conduct.
Her 16-year-old boyfriend was charged with Improper Storage of a Firearm, Use of a Firearm During the Commission of a felony, Possession of a firearm without an FID Card, Carrying a Firearm without a License, Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Dwelling, Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License, and Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card.
On Wednesday, May 30, at approximately 11:50 p.m., two Worcester police officers were on Esther Street for an unrelated call. At this time the officers were outside when they heard five to six gunshots ring out from nearby Maxwell Street. The officers got into their cruiser and began to drive towards the direction that the shots came from. As officers closed in they noticed a small silver sedan traveling down Maxell Court at a high rate of speed. The driver of the sedan was driving erratically and nearly crashed into parked cars. There were two people in the sedan.
The car was followed by the officers. While on Millbury Street the sedan began to slow down. The officers activated their emergency lights and signaled the car to pull over to the side of the road. At this time the sedan began to speed up once again. The car drove recklessly through several streets and eventually crashing in the area of 47 Esther Street. The first officers at the scene saw the front passenger door open. Officers approached the car and made contact with the driver. The driver was identified as Hattie Harvey, 18, of 22 grand Avenue, Miller Falls. Harvey was the only occupant in the car. Harvey refused to identify the male that was sitting in the passenger seat.
Several officers were now at the scene. The search for weapons inside the sedan produced negative results. The officer that followed the sedan noted that the car was seen slowing down briefly, almost coming to a near stop on Louise Street by Lund Street. The officer informed others at the scene of his observations.
Officers went back to Louise Street to search for the possible weapon. Officers quickly located a 9 mm Ruger handgun in the area of 35 Louise Street. The gun was found in the road. There were fresh scrape marks on the weapon indicating that it had recently been dragged across the pavement as a result of being thrown from a moving car.
Meanwhile, other officers located several shell casings on Maxwell Street. It appears that no persons or property were struck by the gunfire.
Harvey is known by the Gang Unit officers as a person that is associated with a particular local gang.
She was pladed under arrest and transported to police headquarters for booking.
Gang officers are aware that Harvey is currently dating a 16-year-old local gang member.
Later on in the early morning of Thursday, May 31, 2018, gang officers were told that there were four people in the lobby waiting to bail out Harvey. Gang officers went to the lobby and met with the 16-year-old boyfriend of Harvey. Officers spoke with the teen and he was subsequently placed under arrest. It was determined that the teen was the man in the passenger seat of Harvey’s car.
The gun and ammunition was seized as evidence.
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony