Two Worcester Men Arrested for Possession of Heroin & Cocaine
Monday, October 09, 2017
Ariel Vasquez, 32, was charged with Conspiracy to Violate Controlled Substance laws, 2 counts of Possession of Class B Substance with the Intent to Distribute, Distribution of Class B Substance, and Possession of Class A Substance with the Intent to Distribute.
Aneudi Sanabria was charged with Conspiracy to Violate Controlled Substance Laws and Possession of Class B Substance with the Intent to Distribute.
Both men will be arraigned on Tuesday, October 10, at the Worcester County District Courthouse.
On Friday, October 6, members of the WPD Vice Squad were on patrol in the area of Hollywood Street. At approximately 10:00 a.m., one of the vice officers observed a male on a cellphone, walking aimlessly back and forth on Hollywood Street. The man, known to vice officers as Sanabria of 1 Grafton Street, was acting in a manner that made the officers suspicious. At this time the undercover officers decided to conduct surveillance on Sanabria.
During the surveillance period, officers saw Sanabria walk to the intersection of Hollywood Street and Oberlin Street. After a short time, a male, later identified as Ariel Vasquez, 26, of 33 May Street, walked up to Sanabria. Both men walked behind a building in an effort to be out of public view. After a very brief moment, the two reemerged, split up, and walked away in opposite directions. It was obvious to the vice officers that the two men had just engaged in a street-level open-air drug transaction.
Officers conducting the surveillance split up and followed the two men once they could no longer see each other. Sanabria was stopped on Hollywood Street just as he was about to enter a livery vehicle. Meanwhile, other vice officers stopped Vasquez in front of 33 May Street.
After having a conversation with Sanabria officers were able to retrieve $1,832 in cash, crib notes detailing the sale of heroin and cocaine and several small plastic baggies that contained 17 grams of crack cocaine.
Officers were speaking with Vasquez outside of his apartment. Based on what was recovered from Sanabria, police were now placing Mr. Vasquez under arrest. At this time, a female stuck her head out of Mr. Vasquez’s apartment and was asking him what was going on. Vasquez mouthed something to her and she immediately retreated back inside of the apartment. Fearing that the female was about to destroy potential evidence, officers were now able to enter the apartment, under exigency circumstances. Keys taken From Vasquez were used to gain entrance to the apartment.
Upon entering the apartment, officers immediately observed a plastic sandwich bag on the kitchen floor that had the corner cut out of it. The plastic bag is consistent with how dealers package narcotics for street level drug transactions. The female was located inside the apartment. The apartment was now secured. Officers spoke with Vasquez and the female and both signed consent forms to allow the officers to search the apartment. Once the forms were signed officers began their search. The search produced 14 grams of heroin and 14 grams of cocaine. The drugs were located at the bottom of a cereal box. The search also discovered a digital scale and a box of plastic sandwich bags.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award