Two Worcester Men Arrested for Possession of Over 3 Pounds of Marijuana
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Jacob Guzman, 20, was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and possession of class D substance with the intent to distribute, possession of marijuana greater than an ounce and conspiracy to violate the controlled substance laws.
Dean Belnavis, 20, was also placed under arrested with possession of marijuana.
On Tuesday, August 29, at approximately 2:30 a.m., a Worcester Police officer conducted a motor vehicle stop for a traffic offense in the area of 217 Pleasant Street. As the officer approached the car he saw two men inside. The driver was identified as Guzman. The passenger was identified as Belnavis. While speaking with the occupants the officer detected a strong odor of marijuana emitting from the car. The officer saw that Belnavis was attempting to conceal a black backpack with his legs that was positioned on the passenger floor. The officer ran a check on Guzman’s license status. After a few minutes, the officer was told that the license was suspended. Guzman was placed under arrest for Operating a MV with a Suspended License.
At this time, due to his efforts to conceal the backpack, Belnavis was asked to exit the car. A search for weapons on Belnavis produced a bag of marijuana. Officers noticed that the backpack had a zip lock baggie protruding from the unzipped top that contained a sizable amount of marijuana.
Belnavis was placed under arrest and seated next to Guzman by the curb.
Once the men were secured, officers took a closer look at the backpack. The officers discovered three vacuum sealed bags of marijuana inside the backpack and a shopping bag that contained another large quantity of marijuana that was packed into many smaller individual baggies of marijuana.
The marijuana weighed in at approximately 3.2 pounds. A search of the car produced numerous plastic baggies and a scale. A search of Guzman produced $1,915 in cash. A search of Belnavis produced $1,550 in cash.
The cash, marijuana, scale and other paraphernalia was confiscated as evidence.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award