Two Worcester Residents Arrested on Gun & Drug Offenses
Monday, November 06, 2017
Kevin Cabera, 27, and Shivonne Hyde, 27, were both charged with Possession of a large Capacity Firearm, 3 counts of Possession of a Firearm and Ammunition without an FID Card, 2 counts of Improper Storage of a Firearm, Possession of Class D Substance with the Intent to Distribute, and Possession of Class B Substance.
Both suspects will be arraigned on Monday, November 6, 2017, at the Worcester County District Courthouse.
On Friday, November 3, 2017, members of the WPD Vice squad were in possession of 2 search warrants. One search warrant was for 647 Chandler Street, apartment #2 while the other was for a 2014 Toyota Corolla.
At approximately 5:20 PM, the undercover officers set up surveillance at the Chandler Street address. Approximately 10 minutes later, undercover officers observed the Toyota arrive at the address and travel to the rear of the building.
The Toyota was being operated by Cabera of 31 Willard Avenue, Worcester. In the passenger seat was a woman identified as Hyde of the Chandler Street address. Undercover officers saw the two enter the apartment building.
At approximately 6:05 PM, officers saw the two exit the apartment building. The two got into the Toyota and traveled west on Chandler Street. The car was stopped by a marked police cruiser at the intersection of Chandler and May Street. The two were informed about the search warrants and transported back to the apartment prior to the execution of the search.
A search of the Toyota produced some packaged marijuana and labeled for sale along with a scale and a notebook.
A search of the apartment produced additional marijuana in various forms, four 1 ounce vacuum sealed bags of marijuana, more scales, a vacuum sealer and other items used to distribute marijuana. A loaded Rohm.22 caliber revolver was recovered in a bedroom along with unloaded large capacity .22 caliber semi-automatic handgun, which was located in the living room under a couch cushion. Officers also located at strip of Suboxone, a class B Substance.
Cabrera and Hyde were placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply