United Way of Central MA Hosts Stepping Up for Girls September 22
Monday, September 05, 2016
The night will feature Susan Papalia as the keynote speaker. she is a Cardiovascular Nurse at University of Massachusetts Medical School and was a medical volunteer during the 2013 Boston Marathon Bombings.
Over 400 women and men from local colleges, businesses, and nonprofits are expected to attend the Stepping Up Event.
Maureen Gray will receive the 2016 Lois B. Green Award in recognition of her leadership and volunteerism, and Katherine Esparza will be honored with the 2016 Meridith D. Wesby Young Leader Award.
Girls on the Run at Sullivan Middle, a new Women’s Initiative funded program through Family Health Center will be introduced at this event.
Over the last 13 years, Women's Initiative has raised over $3.5 million and served more than 9,000 local girls ages 10-14 with programming which encourages dialogue around the issues of education, safety, physical and emotional well being, and healthy relationships.
Women’s Initiative continues to offer financial literacy conferences, called “Dollar $cholars,” for middle-school girls in Worcester and surrounding towns. Over the last few years, close to 3,000 girls from central Massachusetts received financial literacy training to prevent them from staying in abusive situations by giving them the tools they need to be financially independent.
- United Way of Central MA Unveils 2013 Holiday Wish List
- United Way Women’s Initiative Hosts Stepping Up For Girls Sept. 18
- United Way of Central MA Awards Nearly $50K in Fuller Grants
- NEW: James Leary Announced as United Way’s Chair-Elect
- Central MA Up + Comer: United Way’s Heidi Charlebois
- United Way Awards Nearly $300K To Central Massachusetts Girls
- United Way of Central Mass Announces Campaign Co-Chairs
- NEW: National Grid Donates $155K to United Way for Heating Assistance
- United Way Women’s Initiative To Host Soles4Souls Event in Worcester
- Shrewsbury Girls Learning to Be $cholars Thanks to United Way
- United Way of Central Mass to Hold Annual Celebration
- United Way Seeks Proposals For Live United Campaign Programs
- United Way of Central MA Announces Free Tax Preparation
- United Way Hires Assumption Grad as New Community Relationships Manager
- United Way to Donate $5.4 Million to Central Mass Community This Year
- United Way Women’s Initiative Announces New Leadership
- United Way of Central MA Names 2015-16 Campaign Co-Chairs
- United Way of Central Mass to Hold Annual Celebration on May 4
- United Way of Central Mass Needs Volunteers
- National Grid Donates $155,000 to United Way to Help With Fuel Costs
- United Way of Central MA Seeks Nominations for Volunteer Award
- United Way of Central Massachusetts Announces Tri-Chairs for 2014-2015 Campaign
- United Way of Central Massachusetts Announces Day of Caring 2014
- United Way of Central Massachusetts Announces Opening of Annual Grant Cycle
- United Way of Central MA Awards $260K to 11 Programs Impacting Middle School Girls