United Way of Central Mass Needs Volunteers
Tuesday, April 07, 2015
United Way received a grant to fund the week-long series of volunteering. This year, United Way will be partnering with the Regional Environmental Council to address local hunger and food insecurity.
The organization needs volunteers to help with gardening, packaging meals and building a food pantry. Here are the available dates and times to volunteer.
Monday, April 13th, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. - Work as a group to transform bulk food items into nutritious and portable meals for hungry children! - FULL
Tuesday, April 14th, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Volunteer in a community garden to move 20 raised beds and fill them with compost so that community gardeners can use them this season!
Thursday, April 16th, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Prep seedlings for the Regional Environmental council to distribute to the 60 school and community gardens in our network!
Saturday, April 18th, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Take part in an Earth Day Celebration by working in community gardens and helping to assemble a dry goods food pantry!
To register for a project or to get more information, click here: United Way of Central MA.
- NEW: National Grid Donates $155K to United Way for Heating Assistance
- NEW: United Way Offering Grants for Women and Community Programs
- United Way Women’s Initiative To Host Soles4Souls Event in Worcester
- National Grid Donates $155,000 to United Way to Help With Fuel Costs
- NEW: James Leary Announced as United Way’s Chair-Elect
- United Way of Central MA Awards Nearly $50K in Fuller Grants
- Central MA Up + Comer: United Way’s Heidi Charlebois
- United Way Seeks Proposals For Live United Campaign Programs
- United Way of Central Massachusetts Announces Opening of Annual Grant Cycle