Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
The suspect, Jacinto Maldonado was also charged with murder, assault and battery, 2 counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, and discharging a firearm within 500 ft of a building.
The investigation remains active.
The original incident
On Monday, Worcester police responded to 92 Hamilton Street for a report of a shooting. Upon the officers arrival they observed a Carlos Maldonado lying in the front lawn on his back suffering from a single gunshot wound. He was unconscious at the time.
Another man was next to the victim attempting to apply pressure on the wound.
Officers observed several bystanders pointing to the rear of the building. Officers also saw a man, later identified as Jacinto Maldonado, 42, of 92 Hamilton Street, lying chest down on the ground with his arms apart. Maldonado appeared to be waiting for police to approach him. One officer went to the back of the building where witnesses were pointing to. The officer found a firearm on the ground. Maldonado was in close proximity to the weapon. At this time officers placed Maldonado in handcuffs as a precautionary measure. Maldonado was not under arrest at the time.
Worcester EMS arrived and quickly transported Carlos to a nearby hospital for treatment. At approximately 6:19 PM, he was pronounced deceased.
The medical Examiners office has accepted the case and the exact cause of death will be pending the post mortem examination.
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Worcester Police Officer Daige Honored by Red Sox for Pan Mass Challenge Effort
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police