Warren Blasts Pfizer for Hiking Prices on Prescription Drugs
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
In July, Pfizer announced that it would hike the prices of 41 prescription drugs, including drugs used to treat life-threatening illnesses like lung cancer.
"Pfizer 'promised' it wouldn't raise prices, then turned around and raised them anyway. We can't count on drug companies to tackle rising drug costs, so Congress must. We can start by passing my bill to put a $500 monthly cap on what families pay out-of-pocket for prescriptions,” said Warren.
Warren is the lead sponsor of the Capping Prescription Costs Act of 2018, a bill that caps prescription drug copays at $250 per month for individuals and $500 per month for families.
The bill also ensures that individuals and families with high prescription drug costs are protected and can access necessary medications.
- Warren Urges FCC to Abandon Plan to Kill Net Neutrality
- Warren Seeks Info on Water & Vector-Borne Diseases in Puerto Rico & Virgin Islands
- Warren, Markey, Capuano Applaud Release of $100M in Federal Funding for Green Line Extension
- Warren Calls for Review of Education Dept’s Potential Misuse of Social Security Data
- Patriot Great Campaigns For Elizabeth Warren’s Opponent
- Warren Issues Statements Opposing Trump’s Nominees for Dept. of Labor, Education
- Warren Asks Former Equifax CEO Smith if Breach Created Business Opportunities
- Warren Discuses DACA, Urges Passage of Dream Act
- Ginnie Mae Creates Lender Abuse Task Force Following Letter From Warren
- Sen. Warren Expands Investigation Into Equifax Breach
- Warren Urges Trump to Step Up Disaster Relief Efforts for Puerto Rican Islands of Vieques & Culebra
- Sen. Warren Leads Congressional Delegation Trip to Puerto Rico
- GOP Challenger to Warren Raises $1 Million for Senate Bid
- Sen. Warren Urges Senate to Reject Kavanaugh’s Nomination
- Diehl Blasts Warren Over Army Futures Command Center
- Worcester Sheriff Evangelidis Calls for Warren to Apologize for Comments on Law Enforcement
- Sen. Warren Introduces Accountable Capitalism Act
- Warren, Markey Urge National Grid to Ensure Locked-Out Workers Help with Merrimack Valley Recovery