Warren, Markey Applaud End of National Grid Lockout
Tuesday, January 08, 2019
The vote ends the lockout of 1,250 employees.
"While we are thankful for all of the hard work put into these negotiations, lockouts are unsafe, unfair, and should never be used as a negotiating tactic, damaging public trust and harming hard-working families. The six-month lockout tremendously impacted the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and we are glad that more than 1,000 workers will be able to go back to work and help support their families,” said Warren and Marley.
In October 2018, Senators Warren and Markey sent a letter to the Marcy Reed, President of National Grid of Massachusetts, urging her to ensure that the gas workers locked out by National Grid would be available to help with the Merrimack Valley recovery from the gas explosions on September 13, 2018.
In June 2018, Warren expressed her support for United Steelworkers Locals 12003 and 12012 in their negotiations with National Grid.
During the same month, she rallied with members of the United Steelworkers Local 12003 at the National Grid Lockout Protest.
- Patriot Great Campaigns For Elizabeth Warren’s Opponent
- Warren Calls for Review of Education Dept’s Potential Misuse of Social Security Data
- Sen. Warren Leads Congressional Delegation Trip to Puerto Rico
- GOP Challenger to Warren Raises $1 Million for Senate Bid
- Warren Blasts Equifax After Disclosure of 2 Million More Americans Affected by Data Breach
- Warren, Markey, Capuano Applaud Release of $100M in Federal Funding for Green Line Extension
- Warren Urges FCC to Abandon Plan to Kill Net Neutrality
- Warren Urges Trump to Step Up Disaster Relief Efforts for Puerto Rican Islands of Vieques & Culebra
- Warren Asks Former Equifax CEO Smith if Breach Created Business Opportunities
- Warren Issues Statements Opposing Trump’s Nominees for Dept. of Labor, Education
- Warren Seeks Info on Water & Vector-Borne Diseases in Puerto Rico & Virgin Islands
- Warren Blasts Senate’s Effort to Deregulate Big Banks
- U.S. Senate Candidate Kingston Blasts Warren During Meet & Greet
- Warren, Markey Urge National Grid to Ensure Locked-Out Workers Help with Merrimack Valley Recovery
- Sen. Warren Introduces Accountable Capitalism Act
- MA Election 2018 — Warren, Baker, But No Nurses
- Warren Blasts Pfizer for Hiking Prices on Prescription Drugs
- Warren Calls for Investigation into Drug Manufacturers Alleged Price Fixing Schemes