Warren Releases Report Detailing Labor Violations by Federal Contractors
Tuesday, March 07, 2017
The actions include stealing wages and endangering workers, sometimes resulting in injuries or deaths. Nearly a quarter of the American workforce is employed at a company that holds at least one federal contract.
"All Americans deserve a safe workplace and fair pay for a day's work. But too often, federal contractors break labor laws while continuing to suck down millions in taxpayer dollars. Instead of making it easier for companies to cheat their employees or threaten workers' health and safety, President Trump and Republicans in Congress should join Democrats in standing up for the hardworking Americans who do important jobs for our country,” said Warren.
The report released by Warren shows that 66 of the federal government’s 100 largest contractors have been caught breaking federal wage and hour laws, and more than a third of the 100 largest penalties levied by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration since 2015 were issued to companies that held federal contracts.
On Friday, Senators Warren, Patty Murray (D-Wash.), and Sanders (I-Vt.) asked the Department of Justice (DOJ) to open a criminal investigation into federal contractor VT Halter Marine's repeated safety violations, which have resulted in worker injuries and deaths.
Senator Warren’s Blistering Letter to Trump
- Warren, Markey & other Senators Express Serious Concerns About Mylan’s Price Hike on EpiPens
- Sen. Warren & Others Urge U.S. Dept. of Education to Reform Federal Student Loan Servicing
- Sen. Warren to Wells Fargo CEO Stumpf “You Should Resign”
- Tom Petty Biographer Warren Zanes to Host Talk at Clark University
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Trump and Clinton, Raimondo’s CA Developer, and Warren’s Greatness
- Warren for VP? Clinton Beware as Massachusetts is Presidential Ticket Loser Land
- Clinton’s Wall Street Donors Are Blocking Warren for Vice President
- Senator Warren Meets with Obama’s Supreme Court Nominee Merrick Garland
- Warren Sees 54 Economists & Professors Support her Tax Legislation
- Cong McGovern and Sen Warren Praise Collapse of Kinder Morgan’s Pipeline Plan
- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren to Endorse Hillary Clinton
- Sen. Warren Addresses Election of Donald Trump to AFL-CIO
- Senator Warren Sends Blistering Letter to Trump’s Transition Team
- Trump Nominates Gorsuch for Associate Justice of Supreme Court, Warren Announces Opposition
- Senator Elizabeth Warren Calls DeVos “Unqualified and Dangerous”
- Warren Issues Report on Financial Adviser Conflict-of-Interest Rule Threatened by Trump
- Warren Names Baker National Security Advisor for Washington DC Office
- Sen. Warren, Baldwin Seek Information on Goldman Sachs’ role in Trump’s Economic Policies
- Sen. Warren is “Deeply Concerned About What is to Come” in Puzder Confirmation Hearing
- Senators Warren, Toomey Place Bet on AFC Championship Game
- Sen. Warren Asks Government Accountability Office to Review Trump’s Transition
- Sen. Warren to Serve on Armed Services Committee in 115th Congress
- Warren, Dem. Senators Call for Mnuchin Hearing to Include Outside Witnesses
- Warren Questions Suitability of Health & Human Services Secretary Designate
- Warren Buffett Says Only 2-3 Newspapers Will Survive