Woman Struck by Jeep in Area of Lincoln Street
Monday, November 26, 2018
This investigation remains active and is in the early stages; as a result, no citations have been issued at this time. Citations may be issued on a later date as the investigation progresses.
On Sunday, November 25, at approximately 11:45 a.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 591 Lincoln Street regarding a motor vehicle crash that involved a pedestrian. The first arriving officer at the scene saw a 37-year-old woman lying in the roadway. The officer noticed that she was bleeding from her head.
The operator of the vehicle remained at the scene. The vehicle that struck the woman is a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The driver is a 53-year-old woman that lives in Worcester.
The preliminary investigation indicates that the Jeep was traveling northeast on Lincoln Street. Meanwhile, as the operator of the Jeep approached the area of 591 Lincoln Street, the female was attempting to cross Lincoln Street from a south to north direction. Witnesses told investigators that the pedestrian was not walking in the crosswalk. Investigators were told that after the impact the victim rolled four to five times before coming to a final rest in the roadway.
The pedestrian was treated at the scene by Worcester EMS and then transported to a nearby hospital. One of the investigators went to the hospital to check on the pedestrian. The investigator was told that the female was being treated for a head injury, right hand and left foot injury. The pedestrian is considered to be in good condition at this time.
The Jeep will receive a complete mechanical inspection by investigators. This procedure is conducted in order to determine if any mechanical deficiencies may have been a contributing factor leading up to the crash.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- NEW: Rosie O’Donnell Reportedly Engaged to Worcester Police Girlfriend
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate
- Worcester Police Investigate Suspicious Device on Dorchester Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Everard Street Home Invasion
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street