Worcester Awarded $100K Grant for Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment
Thursday, June 07, 2018
The grant will also be used to design an action plan for preparedness activities, and conduct a number of targeted vulnerability assessments of critical sectors with the assistance of qualified consultants.
The project will be managed by Energy and Asset Management staff.
Climate Vulnerability Preparedness
The grant comes as part of the Governor Charlie Baker’s announcement of more than $2 million in grant funding to 82 towns and cities across the state to complete climate change vulnerability assessments and develop resiliency plans through the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) program.
“The Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness program is the cornerstone of our administration’s efforts to work with communities on further reducing greenhouse gas emissions and protecting residents, municipalities and businesses from the impacts of climate change. Municipalities on the front lines of climate change, so we are proud to provide our communities the resources, data, and planning tools they need to build resiliency to severe weather and other impacts," said Baker.
The grant and designation program provides communities with technical support, climate change data and planning tools to identify hazards and develop strategies to improve resilience.
- Arthur Schaper: Dr. Seuss Votes for Climate Change?
- Rob Horowitz: Obama Moves into High Gear on Climate Change
- Environmental Activist to Speak at Clark About Climate Change
- Horowitz: Game-Changing Global Climate Change Agreement Reached
- Horowitz: Support Building for Climate Change Action; But Firming Up is Needed
- Rob Horowitz: States Stepping Up On Climate Change
- Rob Horowitz: Climate Change On the Table… Finally!
- Rob Horowitz: Climate Change Put on the Back-Burner
- Rob Horowitz: Obama Administration Launches Promising Climate Change Initiative
- Rob Horowitz: Momentum Behind New Action on Climate Change
- Rob Horowitz: Obama Steps Up on Climate Change
- Horowitz: Pope Francis Sounds Climate Change Alarm
- Climate Change in 5 Charts
- Horowitz: National Climate Change Report Highlights Need for Action
- MA Joins 8 Other States to Announce Further Efforts to Fight Climate Change
- Horowitz: The False Choice - Focusing on Hurricane Victims or Climate Change
- Senator Moore Announces Support for Climate Change Adaptation Bill
- Fecteau: Trump’s Toxic Reversal on Climate Change
- Horowitz: Progress On Climate Change is Possible Despite Trump
- Horowitz: New Rules for Heavy Trucks & Buses Bring More Progress on Climate Change
- Horowitz: Obama Administration Forges Another Major Climate Change Agreement