Worcester Couple Arrested for Possession of Cocaine
Monday, May 21, 2018
Ashley Johnson was charged with Trafficking in Fentanyl, Trafficking in Class B Substance (36-99 grams), and Possession of Class B Substance with the Intent to Distribute (oxycodone).
Cleon Riley was charged with Trafficking in Fentanyl, Trafficking in Class B Substance (36-99 grams), and 2 counts of Possession of Class B Substance with the Intent to Distribute 2nd or Subsequent Offense (oxycodone), Possession of Class A Substance 2nd or Subsequent Offense, Unlicensed Operation of a MV, and for the Federal Firearms Warrant.
On Thursday, May 17, 2018, members of the WPD Vice Squad possessed three search warrants, one for 9 Palm Street, apartment 1-R, one for a Nissan Altima and the other for a Buick LeSabre. The targets for these warrants were 34-year-old Johnson (owner of Buick) and 36-year-old Riley (owner of Nissan). Both reside at the Palm Street apartment.
During the day on Thursday, a member of the Vice Squad had been conducting surveillance of the 9 Palm Street property. Both mentioned vehicles were not at the apartment when the officer initially arrived.
At approximately 4:10 p.m., the undercover officer observed Riley arrive home. Riley was seen driving a 2006 BMW. Riley was seen walking from the BMW and enter his apartment. The officer ran the BMW license plate and it came back as Ashley Johnson as the registered owner as of 05/14/2018.
A short time after arriving, Riley was now seen exiting his apartment and enter the BMW. Riley drove off. The officer began to follow the BMW. The officer followed the BMW until it stopped in front of 68 Southgate Street. The officer approached the BMW and identified himself. The officer noticed that Riley was seen putting his hands in his waistband area. The officer feared for his safety as he knew that Riley had just been issued a federal warrant for his arrest that involved firearm offenses. The officer produced his firearm and ordered Riley to show his hands. Riley eventually moved his hands away from his waistband and unlocked the driver’s door.
Riley was placed under arrest for the federal warrant and for also operating the BMW with an expired driver’s license.
A search of Riley produced 2 bags of cocaine, 7 bags of Fentanyl, 18 bags of crack cocaine, $6,528 in cash and two cell phones. The BMW was towed from the scene to police headquarters and secured pending a search warrant.
At the same time of the Riley arrest, other members of the vice squad executed the search warrant for 9 Palm Street. Inside the apartment were two female that attempted to run out of the front door. There were several officers positioned at the front and quickly apprehended the two.
One of the females were identified as the second target, Ashley Johnson.
A search of the apartment produced 59 grams of Cocaine, 25 grams of Fentanyl, numerous Oxycodone pills, packaging materials, cutting agents, three digital scales, and $28.00 in cash.
Johnson’s Buick was on site and officers executed the search to that car. The search produced two knotted bags of Fentanyl and four knotted bags of crack cocaine.
Johnson was placed under arrest. After a check of the second female she was free to go.
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him