Worcester Elections Debacle: Top Stories in Central Mass in 2012
Monday, December 31, 2012
However, after training poll workers under the new guidelines, word came down from the Secretary of State's Elections Division that those new protocols had never been approved by their office, contrary to statements made by City Clerk David Rushford. The Election Commission held a last minute meeting prior to the November general election to make sure the City was in line with state laws, and, other than long lines, Election Day went off without a hitch.
It's still not clear how the mix-up occurred, but Rushford maintained that there was never any intention to withhold information on his part.
- NEW: City Solicitor Says Rushford Not the Authority on Elections
- NEW: Clerk to Answer to Election Commission in Written Report
- Worcester City Clerk MIA After Election Rules Flap
- Worcester Staffs-Up For Clean Elections
- BREAKING: Allegations of Voter Suppression Swirl in District 4
- City Council Tackles Voter Intimidation
- Worcester Commissioners Delve Into Voter Suppression Allegations