Worcester Gang Member Arrested for Possession of Loaded Gun
Friday, March 16, 2018
Edward Gale, 18, was charged with Assault and Battery on a Police Officer, Resisting Arrest, Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm, Possession of a Large Capacity Feeding Device, Possession of a Firearm and Ammunition without an FID Card, Disturbing the Peace, Disorderly Conduct, Carrying a Loaded Firearm without an FID and Carrying a Firearm without a License.
On Wednesday, March 14, members of the Worcester Police Gang Unit were on routine patrol in the Grafton Hill area. At approximately 4:50 p.m., the officers were parked at the Mobil gas station on Grafton Street. At this time the officers saw a man that they are familiar with as Gale of 43 Derby Street.
Gale is known to the officers to be a member of a local gang.
At this time Gale walked directly passed the officers that were sitting in an unmarked police vehicle. The officers saw Gale clinging to something that appeared to be heavy in the front area of his waistband. The officers became suspicious of Gale’s actions and mannerisms. The officers began to follow Gale.
At one point. the officers decided to engage him in conversation.
The officers stopped their unmarked car in the area of Grafton Street and Barclay Street. Gale immediately ran off as the plain clothes officers exited their car.
Gale was running while still holding the object by the front of his pants. Officers began to run after Gale and noticed that he pulled out a handgun from his front waistband and tossed it into a snow bank. Shortly after that officers were able to close the gap and apprehend Gale.
Gale resisted the officers that were trying to place him in handcuffs. During the struggle Gale spit directly into the face of one of the officers.
Gale was eventually subdued and placed under arrest.
Officers immediately went towards the location that Gale tossed the firearm and quickly located a loaded .22 caliber Smith and Wesson handgun.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser