Worcester Gang Member Arrested for Trafficking Cocaine
Monday, March 05, 2018
Chad Jackson, 30, was placed under arrest without incident for the three outstanding warrants and additionally charged with Trafficking in Class B Substance.
Jackson will be arraigned at the Worcester County District Courthouse on Monday.
On Friday, March 2, a member of the WPD Gang Unit received information that a Chad Jackson, 30, of 50 Seminole Drive, Worcester, was staying at a specific location. Jackson has three outstanding arrest warrants in effect. Jackson is a known gang member and the officer was familiar with him.
The gang officer set up surveillance at the address that Jackson was supposed to be at. At approximately 7:20 p.m., a man fitting the description of Jackson walked out of the address and into a black Toyota Corolla. The car then drove off. The gang officer followed the car to the No Name Store located at 49 Vernon Street. The man in question exited the car and walked into the store.
At this time the officer positively identified the man as Jackson. The officer knew that Jackson has a history of resisting arrest and running from police so the officer called for backup officers.
Jackson exited the store and got back into the Toyota. The car drove off.
Once several police units arrived in the area the gang officer activated his emergency lights to his unmarked car and signaled the driver of the Toyota to stop. The car stopped in the area of Providence and Harrison Streets.
Several officers approached the Toyota and removed Jackson from the rear seat. A search of Jackson produced two cellphones, a digital scale, several hypodermic needles and 18.8 grams of crack cocaine.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser