Worcester Issues Request for Interest to Prospective Marijuana Establishment Operators
Saturday, July 07, 2018
The process will allow for uniform approach to reviewing applications of parties seeking to operate a marijuana establishment in Worcester.
“The City will review applications based on factors including location, capacity to meet City and state licensure and regulatory requirements, diversity of applicants including status as an Economic Empowerment Applicant, and feedback from the mandatory community outreach meeting,” said the city of Worcester in their press release.
The deadline to respond to the RFI is August 24. The RFI and additional information can be found here.
As part of the state law and regulations, Worcester is required to facilitate the establishment of up to 15 regulated Marijuana Retailers. There is currently no cap on other types of marijuana establishments including cultivators and testing laboratories.
As part of the RFI, applicants will submit to the City: completed PDF copies of the Application of Intent, Management and Operations Profile and any other documents required by the Commonwealth’s Cannabis Control Commission.
Following review of the materials by the City’s Cannabis Review Committee, selected applicants will be invited to negotiate a Community Host Agreement with the City. Certification of a signed Community Host Agreement is a requirement of the Cannabis Control Commission’s licensing process as well as a requirement to receive a special permit from the City’s Planning Board.
- California Set to Decide on Legalizing Marijuana
- 400 Marijuana Plants Seized at Worcester Residence
- Group of Health Organizations Urge Dem National Committee to Reject Marijuana Legalization
- Petition to Reclassify Marijuana Denied by US DEA
- Worcester Teen Arrested for Possession of Marijuana
- Fatal Crashes Involving Recent Marijuana Users Double in Washington
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Report Claims Legalized Marijuana is Proving to Have Negative Consequences
- What’s the Status of Medical Marijuana in Central MA
- Worcester Has Agreement with Marijuana Dispensary - A Look at the People Behind the Company
- Worcester’s Augustus Signs Up Second Medical Marijuana Facility
- Is the Effort to Legalize Marijuana Picking Up Steam in Massachusetts?
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Legalizing Marijuana, Green Power, and Howard Johnson
- Treasurer Goldberg Responds to Marijuana Conference Committee Report
- Legalizing Marijuana is “Throwing Gasoline” on Addiction Fire, Says Former Congressman Kennedy
- Two Worcester Men Arrested for Possession of Over 3 Pounds of Marijuana
- MA Dept. of Health Suspends Sales of Medical Marijuana Products at Healthy Pharms
- Treasurer Goldberg Asks AG Sessions to Clarify Position on Marijuana Enforcement
- Two Men Rob Worcester Apartment of Marijuana
- MA Medical Society, 10 Other Physician Groups Oppose Recreational Marijuana
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Anti-Marijuana Legalization Campaign Launches TV in MA
- Massachusetts Votes to Legalize Marijuana
- New Study Finds 21% of MA Residents Used Marijuana in Last 30 Days