Worcester Juvenile Arrested for Driving Stolen Dirt Bike Recklessly
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
The operator was charged with receiving stolen property over the value of $250.00, disorder conduct, operating an unregistered recreational vehicle, operating a recreational vehicle on a public way and operating a recreational vehicle negligently.
On Sunday, April 10 at approximately 5:10 p.m., the Worcester police foot patrol, working in the Main South area observed a group of males riding dirt bikes and acting disorderly by the bikes on roadways and through the intersection. They were observed taking a right on Mill Street while disregarding all traffic signals.
Later, at approximately 6:39 p.m., the officers were walking in the Crystal Park area when they heard the sound of a dirt bike traveling at a high rate of speed on Illinois Street. Officers saw the operator doing "wheelies" while passing other vehicles and also noticed that his face was covered by a mask.
The officers observed the operator park the bike in the rear of an apartment building on Illinois Street and approached him as he was removing his mask. The officers placed him under arrest.
The officer asked the operator if he owned the dirt bike, to which the operator replied that it was his friends but could not provide further information with regard to ownership.
The officers worked collectively with the Environmental Police and contacted them with the dirt bike VIN number.
The bike was reported stolen out of Dudley, Massachusetts on 4/2/16.
The bike was recovered at the scene and towed to a storage yard.
The operator will be arranged at the Worcester County District Juvenile Courthouse on a date yet to be determined.
Related Slideshow: 25 Massachusetts Cities and Towns with Highest Hate Crime Rates Per Capita
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Female Pizza Delivery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery at O’Hara’s Liquors
- Worcester Police Investigating Serious Penn Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Home Invasion on Scott Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Hit & Run on Belmont Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of 37-Year-Old Male Taxi Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 19-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Police Warn of IRS Phone Scam
- Worcester Police Arrest Fugitives From Puerto Rico Wanted for Murder
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 36-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery at Lincoln Dollar Store
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chester Street Home
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
- Worcester Police Arrest 6 on Drug Related Charges
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- Traffic Stop Leads Worcester Police to Firearm Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands