Worcester Man, 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested Following Gunshots on Pleasant Street
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Luis Ortiz, 20, of Worcester and a 16-year-old boy were both charged with Unlawfully Carrying a Rifle, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition without an FID card, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm without an FID card, Improper Storage of a Firearm, Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Dwelling, Vandalism, and Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon.
On June 14 at about 1 a.m. police were sent to the area of Merrick St for a report of gunshots. Police spoke with several witnesses, who reported hearing gunshots in the area of 325 Pleasant St. Witnesses described two men who were running right after the shots were heard. One of the men was holding an object that appeared to have a long barrel. Witnesses said that one of the men appeared to be limping as he ran, as if he had just gotten hurt. The description of the suspects was broadcast over the radio and a State Police K-9 unit was called to assist.
Shortly afterwards, two suspects matching the description given were seen on Piedmont St near Pleasant St. The suspects matched the physical description given by witnesses, and one of them was limping. One of the suspects was sixteen-years-old, and the other was Ortiz. Both suspects said that they were in an argument, someone started shooting at them, and they ran away. Officers searched the immediate area around the suspects and located a rifle, hidden outside near a Piedmont St address. Neither of the men had a license to carry, and both were placed under arrest.
Shell casings and other evidence was located near the area of 325 Pleasant St. Officers were later flagged down by a passing, uninvolved motorist whose car was struck by a stray bullet.
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza