Worcester Man Arrested After Breaking Into Cars
Friday, March 10, 2017
Justin Steele, 20, was charged with breaking and entering in a motor vehicle in the nighttime.
On Thursday, March 9, at approximately 2:00 a.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 195 Lincoln Street for a report of a disturbance call. Arriving officers were told that a white man wearing a red sweatshirt was going around knocking on multiple doors to random apartments. While on Ashton Street an officer spotted a man fitting the description.
The officer stopped the man and had conversation with him. The officer asked for his ID but was told that he did not have his with him, however the man did hand the officer another ID that did not belong to him. He stated that he had just found the ID while walking. The Id came back to a person that resides on nearby Sturgis Street. The officer was aware that there had been recent cars that had been broken into in that area.
Officers had responded earlier in the evening to Sturgis Street and discovered two cars that had been broken into. The recovered ID belonged to a relative that owned one of the vehicles. Both vehicles were rummaged through. According to the victims, the recovered ID was left in one of the vehicles.
At this time the man was placed under arrest. He was identified as Justin Steele, 20-years-old of 114 Paine Street, Worcester. Mr. Steele was charged with Breaking and Entering in a Motor Vehicle in the Nighttime.
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS