Worcester Man Arrested After Crashing Into Several Parked Cars
Thursday, April 26, 2018
Christopher Mason, 31, of 16 Steward Street, Apartment 2, Worcester was charged with Assault to Murder, Disturbing the Peace, Operator Failing to Wear a Seatbelt, Leaving the Scene of Personal Injury, Leaving the Scene of Property Damage, Operating Negligently so as to Endanger, Failure to Stop for Police, Possession of Class B Substance, and Stop Sign Violation.
On Tuesday, April 24, at approximately 2:35 a.m. Worcester police were dispatched to the area of Chilmark and Steward Streets for a report of an accident with the operator attempting to leave the scene.
The operator was later identified as Mason.
Mason was driving a pickup truck and struck three parked vehicles on Chilmark Street. Mason drove away from the scene.
One of the cars was occupied by a 21-year old woman of Worcester who suffered injuries to her neck and back. The woman was transported to the hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Officers attempted to stop Mason on Shrewsbury Street. Mason ignored police and proceeded to move his vehicle back and forth several times before traveling to Casco Street. Officers called out to Mason but all commands were ignored.
Mason continued on to Albany Street where he struck a building. There was minor damage to the building located at 68 Albany Street.
Mason then traveled on to Muskeego Street and struck a semi-trailer twice. Officers ordered Mason to stop several more times, but he refused to comply. He continued to Shrewsbury Street, to Waite Street and traveled onto Wilson Street where the rammed into three parked vehicles. Officers were forced to jump out the way as Mason drove onto the sidewalk and accelerated.
Several residents came out of their homes from the commotion.
The car stopped and appeared to be immobilized. Officers were able to remove Mason from the vehicle and place him in handcuffs.
Officers saw 6 small bags of cocaine in the car.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser