Worcester Man Arrested After Stabbing Another Man During Fight
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Brian Noboa, 20, was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
On Friday, September 7, at approximately 5:14 p.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 528 Pleasant Street for a reported stabbing. Upon the officers arrival they met up with members of the Worcester Fire Department.
The firefighters informed the officers that they were returning from a call when they observed two males fighting in the parking lot of the Gulf Gas Station. The firefighters observed that one man was stabbed and the suspect left the scene in a black BMW. The victim had fled the area as well.
WPD detectives responding to the scene came in contact with the suspect BMW at the intersection of Piedmont Street and Austin Street. The detectives signaled to the operator to stop. The vehicle stopped at Pleasant Street by West Street. The detectives approached the vehicle and noticed that the driver was acting extremely nervous. The detectives observed evidence within the vehicle that was in plain view that supported their suspicions that the driver was involved in the fight.
The driver was identified as Noboa of 311 Lincoln Street. A search of Noboa produced a folding knife.
At this time several officers were at the scene speaking with witnesses. Information was received that a 35-year-old male stabbing victim had just walked into an emergency room of one of the local hospitals. Detectives responded to the hospital and spoke with the victim. Investigators observed that the victim was suffering from a serious stab wound to one of his extremities. The detectives were told that the wound will require surgery.
Witnesses at the scene were transported to the location that the detectives had stopped Noboa. Those taken to the location were able to make a positive identification.
Noboa was placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing