Worcester Man Arrested Armed Robbery Following Dispute During Poker Game
Tuesday, March 06, 2018
Tyshawn Dudley, 32, was placed under arrest and charged with Home Invasion, 5 counts of Armed Robbery, Unlawfully Carrying a Firearm, Unlawfully Carrying a Loaded Firearm, Use of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card, and Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Dwelling.
On Sunday, March 4, at approximately 8:00 a.m., Worcester Police responded to a Loudon Street address for a reported past home invasion. Upon the officers arrival they met with several victims. The officers were told that a known male suspect robbed everyone in the apartment and fired one round inside before fleeing the scene in a Black Infinity. No injuries were reported.
Officers were told that the robbery occurred earlier in the morning at approximately 5:30 a.m. The robbery was the result of a dispute during an all-night poker game. Officers were told that there was a disagreement earlier and it was settled by the people that were there. As the evening went on the suspect became angry again and left the apartment. Shortly afterwards he returned and brandished a handgun and ordered the remaining 8 people to give him their money. The suspect took an undisclosed amount of cash and began to walk towards the exit when he turned and fired a shot into the wall.
Officers at the scene broadcasted the vehicle information citywide. At approximately 10:20 a.m., a Worcester Police officer spotted the Infinity parked on Constitution Avenue. The suspect, Dudley of 2 Cataline Street, Worcester, was located in an apartment on Constitution Avenue and placed under arrest without incident.
The occupant of the apartment allowed the officers to search the apartment for the weapon. After a brief search the officers located a .45 caliber handgun along with a loaded magazine. Officers also discovered a significant amount of cash that was confiscated as evidence.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser