Worcester Man Arrested for Attempted Armed Robbery
Tuesday, October 09, 2018
Bruce Brown was charged with armed assault with intent to rob and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
On Wednesday, October 3, at approximately 3:30 p.m., a Worcester Police officer was dispatched to meet with a 32-year-old male victim with regard to an attempted armed robbery.
The responding officer was informed by the victim that he was walking on Canterbury Street approximately 20 minutes prior to calling police. While on Canterbury Street, the victim had just cashed a check when he was approached by a man that asked him if he wanted to buy drugs from him. The victim declined the offer. The two separated.
While still in the general area, the victim was approached by a second male. This male demanded his belongings and attempted to go through his pockets. The victim grabbed the male’s wrists and prevented him from going in his pockets. At this time the suspect produced a handgun and struck the side of the victim’s face with the weapon.
The victim was able to break free from the assault and runoff.
The victim was not hurt during this ordeal and declined medical treatment.
Several officers searched the area in an attempt to locate the suspect but the search produced negative results.
A Worcester police Detective was assigned to investigate this incident. The detective was able to identify the suspect with video footage that was obtained during a canvass of the area where the crime took place.
The suspect was identified as Bruce Brown, 35-years-old of 21 Jones Street.
Brown was apprehended by detectives on Friday night.
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Gaffney is Leaving Worcester Politics
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate