Worcester Man Arrested for DUI Following Crash on Hamilton Street
Friday, September 08, 2017
Vincent Farina, 18, was arrested and charged with Failure to Stay within Marked Lanes, Speeding, Operating an MV so as to Endanger, Operating an MV Under the Influence of Alcohol and Operating an MV Under the Influence of Narcotics.
On Monday, September 4 at approximately 2:05 a.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 256 Hamilton Street, near Our Lady of Perpetual Help, for a car accident. Responding officers were told by police dispatch that the caller had stated that the car involved in the crash was traveling at a high rate of speed, lost control, slid sideways into parked cars and a utility pole.
Arriving officers saw two parked damaged cars and an aluminum light pole that was knocked down and hanging in a tree.
Members of the Worcester Fire Department were at the scene working on the driver from the smashed car. The driver was identified as Farina. Worcester EMS was also on site and evaluating the driver. Farina appeared to be suffering from multiple injuries. He was treated at the scene and then transported to a nearby hospital.
Due to the seriousness of the injuries, the WPD Crash Reconstruction Unit was called in to take over the investigation. Recon officers arrived at the scene and began to map out the area as well as gather physical evidence. Investigators saw two hypodermic needles on the ground next to the driver’s door of Farina’s 2003 Mercury Marquis. Investigators also saw, in plain view, a bottle of Bud Light on the driver’s floor.
Investigators went to the hospital and spoke with Farina. Based on the conversation with investigators, as well as the evidence discovered near and within his car, Farina was placed under arrest.
Farina was released later on in the day after treatment and transported back to police headquarters for processing.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award