Worcester Man Arrested for Fleeing Scene of Accident
Saturday, July 14, 2018
Christian Pacheco, 27, charged with operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license, subsequent offense, operating recklessly so as to endanger, stop sign violation, speeding, leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, and possession of a class B substance.
On July 12 at about 5:40 p.m., a Worcester Police officer was driving south on Channing St toward Catherine St. He saw a gray Nissan driving toward him that was operated by Pacheco of 8 Hunnewell Rd, whom he knew from previous interactions. The officer knew that Pacheco did not have a valid license to operate a motor vehicle, and the officer turned around to follow the car.
As the officer turned around, Pacheco accelerated and took a left on to Northampton St. The officer heard a loud noise, and saw a white Toyota with very serious damage, and a citizen claiming to be injured. The gray Nissan operated by Pacheco had collided with the Toyota at a high rate of speed, and Pacheco and his passenger left the Nissan on scene and fled on foot.
The officer observed Pacheco’s Massachusetts ID card and a small bag of what appeared to be crack cocaine in the car. Pacheco’s description and direction of travel was broadcast over the radio.
Another officer observed a traffic violation and conducted a motor vehicle stop near the area of Lincoln St and Forbes St.
He saw Pacheco in the backseat of the car and called for backup.
Pacheco was placed under arrest.
Both of the vehicles involved in the accident were towed.
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest