Worcester Man Arrested for Heroin Trafficking
Thursday, June 02, 2016
Tavarez was charged with trafficking a class A substance 18-36 grams and distribution of a class A substance.
While conducting surveillance, members of the Vice Squad observed a Toyota Sedan pull over and park on Stockholm Street. The officers then saw three individuals in the vehicle and continue watching as the vehicle did not have any passengers exit.
after a short time, officers observed Tavarez enter the rear of the vehicle and the vehicle drove around the block before dropping him off not far from where he was picked up.
Some members of the vice squad maintained surveillance of Tavarez while others stopped the Toyota. One of the occupants of the Toyota admitted purchasing heroin from Tavarez, but stated that he had swallowed the heroin when stopped by police.
As surveillance on Tavarez continued, members of the vice squad observed him engage in a second suspected drug transaction with occupants of another vehicle. After this exchange, members of the vice squad stopped Tavarez.
During the search, officers found $988 in Tavarez' pocket and 84 individually knotted bags of heroin in a sock inside Tavarez' pants. The total weight of the heroin was 26 grams.
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Wandering, Lost 5-Year-Old Leads Police to Horror Murder and Stabbing in Grafton
- MA State Police Arrest Maine Man for Possession of Heroin
- Worcester Female Police Officer Suffers Head Injury Responding to Domestic Incident
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- MA State Police Investigating Trooper Clardy Fundraising Scam in Tewksbury
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal Shrewsbury Street Pedestrian Accident
- U.S. Capitol Police Shoot Gunman at Capitol Visitor Center Monday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- Two New Hampshire Police Officers Shot
- Police to Step up Enforcement of Seat Belts During Click it or Ticket Campaign
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Augustus’ Budget for Worcester Has Big Increase for Police and Fire, Less for Education
- Victim Chases Down & Catches Suspect Prior to Police Arrival
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Challenges Facing Worcester’s New Police Chief Sargent
- Worcester Home Broken Into While Owner Was Asleep, Police in Search of Suspect