Worcester Man Arrested for Operating Dirt Bike Illegally
Thursday, August 25, 2016
The bike was towed pending investigation into its ownership.
Worcester Police assigned to the Off-highway Vehicle Task Force were patrolling the area of Crystal Park due to numerous citizen complaints of dirt bikes and ATVs driving in the park and on the surrounding streets.
At approximately 5:30 PM, a Worcester Police officer observed a red and white Honda dirt bike operating behind his cruiser on Illinois Street. The bike was being operating by a man later identified as Huascar Brito, 24, of 37 Illinois Street. As Brito approached the officer’s cruiser, he lifted his front wheel off the ground and accelerated past the officer. After driving past the police cruiser, Brito met up with two other dirt bike riders. The three riders proceeded to drive up and down Illinois Street, doing wheelies as they drove past the officer in an attempt to taunt him. Their unsafe operation caused several vehicles on Illinois Street to slow down and come to a stop.
The officer turned on his lights and sirens to signal the dirt bikes to pull over. As the riders observed the lights and sirens, they gave the officer the middle finger and accelerated up Illinois Street at a high rate of speed while doing wheelies.
Approximately 2 hours later, the same Worcester Police officer was on patrol in the area of Harding and Endicott Streets when he observed the same red Honda dirt bike being operated by Brito. Upon seeing the officer, Brito again attempted to flee, driving at a high rate of speed through the intersection of Millbury and Seymour Streets. The officer observed Brito pull into a driveway at 39 Sigel Street. At this time, the officer approached Brito and placed him under arrest.
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help
- Worcester Police Officer Daige Honored by Red Sox for Pan Mass Challenge Effort
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police