Worcester Man Arrested for Selling Heroin Out of Car
Monday, October 16, 2017
Yovanny Ramirez, 23, was charged with Distribution of Class A Substance.
He will be arraigned on Monday at Worcester County District Courthouse.
Recently, members of the WPD Vice Squad received information about a Hispanic man, mid-twenties, approximately 5’7” tall, driving a black Honda, dealing heroin out of his car. The man in question was later identified as Ramirez. During the course of this investigation, vice officers were able to obtain Ramirez’s cell phone number.
On Friday, October 13, at approximately 11:21 a.m., one of the vice officers texted Ramirez and asked to meet for the purpose of buying heroin. Within a short period of time, Vice officers received a response from Mr.Ramirez stating that he would meet the undercover officer in a specific parking lot on Grafton Street. Prior to the scheduled meeting, several vice officers set up surveillance.
Within ten minutes of setting up, Ramirez arrived in the parking lot driving his black Honda. The undercover officer entered the Honda. Ramirez fit the physical description that investigators had received. The officer purchased two small bags of heroin from Mr. Ramirez. After the purchase, the officer exited the car and signaled to the observing officers that the deal was completed. At this time several of the nearby officers approached Mr. Ramirez and placed him under arrest.
A search of Ramirez produced $398 in cash.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award